My Family

My Family
Why I wake up everyday !

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Life as we "knew" it......

Wow!  It's been almost a week since Terry left for BMT.


I didn't realize the impact this would have on my day-to-day life!  It was two years ago this July that I met him....he was a haggard looking teenager...with not a lot of options.

I fell in love with him INSTANTLY!  I should have known this would be much harder than I'd imagined!

It took Terry almost 5 days to arrive at his destination of Lackland AFB, TX.

RIDICULOUS!

Being retired military....we can certainly relate....hurry up and wait!  I truly thought the transition was going to kill me!  Just knowing that he was out in the world...in transit....*sigh*

But....

He finally arrived at 2 a.m. on Friday morning and all was right with the world.....

            .....I thought....

I've received two phone calls....one to tell me he arrived okay and the other to relay his mailing address.  He called me while I was at a school setting up a book fair....you know?  .....Cause life goes on?

NOT!

I couldn't hear him very well and jacked the address all up.  So I spent the better part of the next evening trying to locate the correct address and in my delirious exhaustion I sent it via message to several people....WRONG....3 times!!!!  ugh

I know they must have thought I'd been drinkin' again.....

                                                          ......not yet!

So yesterday, as I'm trying to get on with my daily routine and a very busy work week....I'm attempting to reconcile a reading incentive program....you know......thousands of dollars and thousands of reading minutes....

During that time...

~ the dog pukes on the floor....
~ the kids start fighting.....
~ battles over school work...that would be Jagger Reese
~ Addie Kate just has to have a container of peaches which EXPLODE on me when I open them....

.....*sigh*

.....yup....time to pull out the booze...

                                              ....wait....it's only 10:30....in the morning !!!  Oish!

In lieu of drinking I decided that laughter truly is the best medicine so I started laughing....HYSTERICALLY....like an idiot...

....the kids were looking at me as if I had truly lost my mind, which at this point would have been preferable to what I was experiencing!

So.....

I completed my work...and looked around at the wreck of a house of mine, without question realizing why we have all been sneezing our heads off....could be the fur ball tumbleweeds in every corner the size of beanbags.....could be the inch of dust that covers every surface in the house.....and did I mention the petrified frog I found on the floor in the living room ?????  ......I got nothin'

is this a construction zone????

         ....nope...just a mom in a funk.

So I determined that I needed to figure out why this has hit me so hard.


I realized that along with my son's departure...was also the departure of a friend....he took with him adult conversation in my husbands constant absence....he ushered away my "someone" to laugh with over all of the funnies my kids have on a day-to-day basis..... stole my errand boy who ran to the store for the little things I ALWAYS forget.....robbed me of the one who investigated things that go bump in the night.....

oh....and don't forget the mother's heart that he carried with him as he waved goodbye to start a new life adventure.













I sure could use some prayer...for anyone who is reading this....I would covet those prayers....as I am struggling with this...more than a mother should I'm sure....or maybe I'm just more vocal.....








.....and did I mention I'm stuck with his dog ?!?!?!









Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

       John 14:27  (ESV)

1 comment:

  1. (Matthew 6:34) 34 So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Sufficient for each day is its own badness.
    *** w07 10/15 p. 5 Live With Tomorrow in View ***
    "Did Jesus mean that his audience could escape anxiety completely? That would be unrealistic. Jesus himself experienced deep emotional distress and anxiety on the night that he was arrested.—Luke 22:44.
    Jesus was simply stating a fundamental truth. Undue anxiety will never help you to solve whatever problems you face. It will not, for example, help you to live longer. It will not “add one cubit to [your] life span,” said Jesus. (Matthew 6:27) Intense, prolonged anxiety is, in fact, more likely to shorten your life.
    His advice was eminently practical. Many of the things we worry about never happen anyway. British statesman Winston Churchill realized this about the dark days of World War II. Regarding some of his anxieties at the time, he wrote: “When I look back on all these worries I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” Truly, there is wisdom in taking each day as it comes, especially when the pressures and problems we face could easily create great anxiety in us.
    ” Jesus reminded his followers that their heavenly Father knew they needed all these things. God would provide for them just as he provides for “the birds of heaven.” (Matthew 6:26, 32) Instead of allowing anxiety to overwhelm them, they were to do all they could to care for matters and then confidently leave things in Jehovah’s hands.—Philippians 4:6, 7.
    When Jesus said “tomorrow will look after itself,” he simply meant that we should not allow undue anxiety about what might happen tomorrow add to our problems today. Another Bible version renders his words: “Do not worry about tomorrow; it will have enough worries of its own. There is no need to add to the troubles each day brings.”—Matthew 6:34"

    Our God is a happy God and he gave us the gift of laughter that brings even more joy into our hearts.

    *** w11 10/15 "Our mind often needs comfort because various trials can cause great mental distress. In our own strength, we likely cannot cope with these tests of faith. However, the psalmist sang: “When my disquieting thoughts became many inside of me, your own consolations began to fondle my soul.” (Ps. 94:19) Moreover, Paul wrote: “Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let your petitions be made known to God; and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 4:6, 7)"

    ReplyDelete