My Family

My Family
Why I wake up everyday !

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Crash Heard Round The Hammocks!

What a week!  Right now as I type, there are a million other things I should be doing....case in point!
The photo?  Ah!  I knew you'd ask!  I'll start by saying that I've officially decided to take a hiatus from Facebook, which is the biggest time sucker I've ever experienced in my life.  And what is completely baffling is that I can't even explain WHY it's such a time sucker.  There really is nothing concrete that I do on Facebook that makes me sit there for hours on end, reading about my friends and their "black-eyed peas and ham hocks supper" that was "yummo" or the silly videos posted by so many, including myself.  The only thing of value that can even justify my spending time on Facebook is the prayer requests, which I have certainly utilized myself.  I am thankful to have such a wonderful outlet to send out my own prayer requests and I covet the opportunity to pray for others as well.

Now back to the photo.  Last Tuesday was a normal day in the Golden household.  I awoke a couple of hours before the kids, turned on the computer, started my coffee and sat down to catch up on my email and everyone's "business" on Facebook.  In usual fashion, my sweet angel baby comes tootling out of her room, rubbing her eyes, crawls up on the sofa and slowly starts waking up....a few minutes after that her brother soon follows suit.  Long story short....in usual fashion, I was late getting the kids fed and dressed for Addie Kate's "nastics" class at 10:00.  So at 10:10 we are backing out of the driveway to go to "nastics" to arrive at 10:15, our usual time since I am ALWAYS LATE EVERYWHERE I GO!  By the way, this is my husband's FAVORITE of my many endearing traits......NOT!

As I'm backing out of the driveway, we are all jarred and hear a crunch!  I say, "What was that?"  No big deal, it's just a 2 ton, 2004 Dodge Ram 4x4 Dually!  Now...I realize that this was my fault...but this woman was parked in the street with the driveway completely empty....did you hear me??  The driveway was completely empty !!!!  Anyhoo, I digress!  So, I exit my vehicle, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't muttering a few choice words under my breath!  After assessing the damage to my vehicle, which as you can see by the photo is, well...significant...., I look to the dually.  I am not exaggerating when I say this, the rim, literally the hubcap is bent on this big monster of a truck.
 
Are you ready for the meat of this story???  Here it comes.  So the woman who owns the truck, hears the crunch and comes around the side of the house where she was working on the well pump and the first thing she says to me is..... "I hope it didn't bend my rear axle."

Are you serious?



Really?



.....Seriously?


So... my reply,  as God is my witness, to her is this, "Ma'am, if your rear axle is bent from my little mini van hitting your hubcap at .008 mph, then perhaps you need to buy a Ford!"  Geesh!
 
An hour later, after insurance information is taken, repair companies are contacted, and photos are taken  / YES..I immediately took photos of her bent rear axle! / we missed "nastics" and I spent the rest of my day crying my eyes out.  I had hoped to send my husband an email explaining how careless I had been and begging him for forgiveness before he Skyped us from Canada where he is on travel this week.  But....nooooooooooooooooo......he Skyped before I could get to it !  The reason?  I was too busy wasting time on friggin' Facebook!

So, I admitted my shame and stupidity to my loving husband of 18 years and his forgiveness and understanding just made me feel worse.  Oh, don't get me wrong, he was plenty upset, just very understanding that I am who I am and any anger he could direct at me over this situation is not going to change the fact that I am always going to be late wherever I go and that he is going to love me anyway.

Micah 7:18-19
 ~New International Reader's Version~

 18 Lord, who is a God like you?
      You forgive sin.
    You forgive your people
      when they do what is wrong.
    You don't stay angry forever.
      Instead, you take delight in showing
      your faithful love to them.
 19 Once again you will show loving concern for us.
      You will completely wipe out
      the evil things we've done.
     You will throw all of our sins
      into the bottom of the sea.


Thank you God for the gift of this man in my life.  I am truly blessed beyond measure  !!

Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment