My Family

My Family
Why I wake up everyday !

Monday, September 5, 2011

It's the little things.....

Sitting on the couch this a.m. I'm slowly waking up, drinking my coffee and watching the news.  I can hear my littlest one rustling in the bed and calling for me in the tiniest, sweetest voice.

Part of me wants just a "little more time" to myself....

...but when she rises and comes out to greet me...

her hair is disheveled,

"my tummy doesn't feel better", she says.

I ask my little princess if she wants to sit in my lap, and she nods in the sweetest way.  She decides that lying down fixes her tummy issues and as she's lying beside me she says,

"God "make-ded" the perfect Mommy for me!"
 
At that moment I thought my heart would literally burst from my chest with love for this precious child whom God has entrusted me to raise, love, nurture......treasure. 

WOW!  What a responsibility....

...but remarkably it's nothing compared to His love for us!

Ephesians 3:16-19

New International Version (NIV)
16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge
—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.







My cup runneth over!

No comments:

Post a Comment