My Family

My Family
Why I wake up everyday !

Friday, February 25, 2011

Forever friends....

I have friends, you have friends, we all do.  The friends I have made since I've become an adult have been some of the most rewarding friendships I could have ever asked for....truly God sent.  I'm sure you feel the same way.  There is just something about having that one person you can confide in, other than your significant other, who in MY life is my very best friend, that makes life.....well....special !

But, this is about the friendships we make as children.  I can remember those too....can you?  I can remember running the streets with my friends until we couldn't see the pavement anymore because it had gotten too dark; the way my skin felt sticky from being out in the damp, summer air for hours on end.  I can remember my Mom being furious with me for making toast and using up all the butter while she was at work...."I buy REAL butter," she said, "NOT margarine!"  Now that I'm a Mom, I know why she got so mad at me for making the whole neighborhood toast and jelly for snacks and using up all of her "real butter".....that stuff is expensive!

Anyhoo, I digress....

So, today I did a favor for our good friends Selena and Jarad.  I picked up their cutie patootie son, Asher, from preschool. He's in Addie Kate's class and they have become fast friends.  So I brought him home after school and they had a supercalifragilisticexpialidociously long playdate today.  We wrapped up the playdate by playing in front yard, the two of them driving around in Addie Kate's hooptie! 

The pictures say it all...I hope and pray that their friendship stands the test of time....but for now....the memory making is priceless!


Asher and Addie Kate


Enjoying the beautiful sunny afternoon !


Chillin' like villians !


I think he enjoyed being chauffeured!


"Stopping for snacks at the store"





Too cute!
 

Best Good Friends !


No comments:

Post a Comment