My Family

My Family
Why I wake up everyday !

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What forgiveness looks like....

After our.... ahem...challenging day yesterday, I was getting ready for bed.  My head was splitting open with one of the worst headaches I've had in a really long time.  So much to do, so little time to do it.  And ...BONUS !!!!

...the hubster is out-of-town....AGAIN !!!

Anyhoo...I digress....

So, as I'm preparing to go to bed, it's about 10:45 and I'm finally cleaning the kitchen.  Dishes are piled up from breakfast, lunch AND dinner, and I'm navigating through all of the clutter to find my bedroom....I see this little postcard.  What could it be?

It's a little love note...  a precious little momento from the heart of my nine-year-old son.  No doubt he was moved to write it because of how I handled all of his "little" mistakes yesterday. 

Folks, don't kid yourselves....quiet time to reflect is such a good thing.  Mom's out there take my advice....sit in the mess of your house and take this time when something goes wrong.  The dishes can wait, the dust will be there later, trust me...the vacuuum cleaner won't hold a grudge.  But that time I took yesterday to heed my husband's words before he left to go out-of-town was invaluable.  "Don't stay mad," he said. 

That was God speaking through him.  And those words spoke to me ALL DAY as I reflected on all that had happened....and that continued to happen on and off all day......yesterday was no picnic!

Anyhoo...before I get too long winded, I just wanted to share this precious postcard with you....it touched my heart....I hope it touches yours too!

                                                        Makes it all worth it !

No comments:

Post a Comment