My Family

My Family
Why I wake up everyday !

Saturday, December 18, 2010

A day with Granny & Pa Paw.

Granny and PaPaw just returned from a ten-day cruise where they visited several Ports of Call to include the Panama Canal, Aruba and Argentina.  This is the first Saturday of their return and they are on their way over to pick up the kids to spend the day with them.  Their plans?  Lunch and a movie, no doubt filled with a lot of laughter and memory making moments. 

Since my Jagger Reese is old enough to get ready on his own, I'm busily getting Addie Kate ready when she decides that she wants "Little Addie", her monkey to go with her.  So, now ..not only do I have to dress my daughter and fix her hair, but I also have a monkey to dress (complete with three hairbows) in her Sunday Best since "Little Addie" the monkey hasn't seen Granny and PaPaw in two weeks either!  So, while I'm getting "the girls" ready my daughter subtly asks me, "Are you going to take me to da movie theatre?"   "No," I reply, "Granny and PaPaw are coming here to pick you up."  She immediately gets this pained look on her little face and says to me, "I don't wanna ride in Granny's car, it gives me a tummy ache."  Now, for those of you who are unaware, Granny is the owner of a top-of-the-line Lexus and Mommy drives.....a Honda Mini-Van !  Now.....not sure where my daughter got her taste in cars or where her "simplicity" comes from, but.....to her future husband

......."You're Welcome !"


Addie Kate, Little Addie & Jagger


No comments:

Post a Comment