My Family

My Family
Why I wake up everyday !

Monday, December 20, 2010

My cup runneth over !

Yesterday, my precious daughter was in her room playing with her brand new Polly Pockets that Aunt Robin sent her as a surprise!  She walked out of the room, only for a second and wouldn't you know....LILLY STRIKES AGAIN!!!  Before I know it, down the hall comes my Addie Kate, wailing at the top of her lungs....her brand new Polly Pocket now has NO LEGS! 

It really is a shame that we can't leave something unattended for even a moment without it being destroyed....but here's the beauty of the moment.  My son jumps up from his spot on the couch, where he was very engaged in watching a football game, runs to the back of the house and comes back with $10 of his own money.  He gives his little sister a great big hug, dries her tears and hands her the money telling her, " It's going to be okay;  you can buy another Polly Pocket with this money!" 

Sometimes he astounds me!  There are moments when this little man-child of mine can be the epitome of greed...I mean like Donald Trump greed...then other times he's Mother Teresa, reaching out to comfort and give of himself for others. 

My cup runneth over at that moment, when my son stepped up to the plate, took charge and comforted his little sister....giving freely of himself AND  of something so important as his very own money to heal her broken heart!  He put a smile on her little face that day, but he did much, much more for me.....he put a smile on my soul!

My precious Gifts from God !

No comments:

Post a Comment