My Family

My Family
Why I wake up everyday !

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What it's all about....

I have been absolutely desperate to get all of the Christmas presents for my kids wrapped and under the tree.  One downside of homeschooling is that your kids are with you....ALL OF THE TIME !  So, there is no "me" time to get critical things done, like wrapping gifts for Christmas!  So, Granny Janny to the rescue and over she comes to pick them up.  Four and a half hours later, as I'm "wrapping things up", pardon the pun, I'm exhausted and wondering how in the world we've actually pulled this off without going into major debt.  I jump into the trusty mini-van and head over to pick up my kiddos.  Since I've spent a good part of my day pre-occupied with this chore, my husband decides that he will meet us for supper ( thank you Lord for the little things! ) and we decide to meet at Firehouse Subs.  During our meal, Frank tells me that they are working Christmas Day.  I knew this might happen as he gave me the "heads up" a couple of days ago.  I was hoping, or shall I say PRAYING really, REALLY HARD that it wouldn't happen....but it did. 

So, my M.O. when things don't go exactly how I want them to go?  Publix Strudel ! 

And conveniently enough, we were right next to Publix at the time.  So after supper, I bee bop on over and pick myself up a strudel and the kids pick up two half gallons of ice cream ( they are two for one, whoo hoo ! ) and we head home.  Where am I going with this story?  Here it is....My sweet little 8-year-old boy couldn't contain himself trying to get into the house to see all of the packages under the tree!  He immediately started counting, picking up and shaking all of the beautifully wrapped gifts bearing his name.  To see Christmas through the eyes of this blessing from God, this child He's entrusted to us to love, nurture, raise, teach and yes spoil just a little...is our little piece of heaven right here on earth!  I love my life !

Pre-Santa!  We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment